- If you plan of bottle feeding, do not go out and buy a lot of one type of bottle, take apart and wash so they are none returnable. Frankie probably tried 5 different bottles before we found one that he liked.
- Same goes for pacifiers. Kid would only take these MAM ones!
- Try not to get a lot of snap up pajamas for at night. Zipper sleepers work better. When you are changing a diaper at 3:30 am, and half awake, you don't want to go fussing around with snaps. These were a favorite in our house :Gerber Sleep and Plays
- It can be very easy to forget how often your little one eats, pees and poops and you really want to keep track of that in the beginning. At first I used a little notebook for this, but then my husband made me a book at work (simple enough to make on your own computer) it had the day of the week up top, I just filled in the date and then times in 15 minute increments. I would simply fill it how much the baby drank and such and it really helped keep track. This book was a life saver when I had Ava because I saw exactly how much Frankie was eating at the age and when I introduced cereal and new foods or what not. It also helped me keep track of when they were sleeping in longer stretches.
- Do not wash every single item of clothing you have for the little one because you may be in that small percentage that Ultra Sound was wrong. Frankie was a girl my whole pregnancy and had a full closet of freshly washed pink clothes and a pink nursery, but was VERY much a boy at birth!! I had cut off all tags, there was NO returning =( BOO
Ok, that's all I can think of at the moment. Just writing this is making me get even more excited!! Do any of you have any advice to share?